Welcome to jACKrABBIT! Here you can buy seeds for growing your own produce and ingredients for cooking and baking, you can find recipes for everyday and for preserving home-grown food and find activities and ideas for getting you and your children out of doors and enjoying nature. We also sell native wildflower seeds to encourage those important bees and butterflies into your garden.

Seedlings

I have been planting seeds for a few weeks now, and things are starting to happen. But don't worry if you've not started yet, there is still time to start most seeds off, and some still are best left till later in April or May. Check the instructions on the packets and start sowing.

I've only started hardening off some hardy wildflowers as it is still quite chilly, and my seedlings are still very small; so I'm just potting up to give the roots some extra room. I use the veranda at the back of my house, as it has a clear roof, but I do just as well on my sunny kitchen window ledge, with the long thin propagator boxes.